You may be asking how Volunteer Northwest Mississippi can help people make a difference in YOUR COMMUNITY. To put it simply, VNM is here to collect all of the nonprofit organizations and volunteer opportunities in one centralized location so that it is easier for your residents, as an individual or group, to find out where their help is needed. Opportunities range from helping animals, cleaning up parks, working with the elderly, and assisting at art camps to working with our newly developed greenways, helping at a thrift store, and building bat houses. These opportunities are located throughout our ten county area. New organizations and opportunities are added daily to the website. The hope is that everyone is able to find an opportunity that they are passionate about and that they can really get involved in.
Browse Volunteer Opportunities
Click here to browse volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer Northwest Mississippi is your link to getting involved in the local community through service. In addition to one-time, date-specific volunteer opportunities (such as community wide events for National Days of Service), we strive to provide you with information on a variety of ongoing volunteer opportunities that gives you a chance to really invest your time with a specific program of a local nonprofit and make a difference through service.
- Volunteer Northwest Mississippi sends out a monthly newsletter that identifies upcoming volunteer opportunities along with a categorized list of ongoing volunteer opportunities - be sure to sign up for our volunteer newsletter!
- Our volunteer matching software provides a wonderful search engine for volunteer opportunities - you can easily search by your age, interests, skills, etc. to find the right volunteer opportunity for your!
Volunteer Northwest Mississippi is a great resource for you to:
- Create awareness about your organization,
- Recruit volunteers for specific needs at your organization, and
- Attend affordable and local professional development training workshops for your staff focusing on the areas of volunteer management, nonprofit basics, event marketing, etc.
Our volunteer matching software enables you to post volunteer opportunities at any time and begin recruiting volunteers for your organization! Volunteer Northwest Mississippi works daily to make sure we connect the most volunteers from the community to our local nonprofit partners. To make it easy on your organization, feel free to contact our Web-based Volunteer Recruitment Specialist Brenda Smith for assistance with posting and updating opportunities and general database assistance.
While working to find individuals and groups the right volunteer opportunity is important to Volunteer Northwest Mississippi, it is not all that we do. VNM also serves as a nonprofit resource to over 200 nonprofits in the area and we would love to expand to your community. Nonprofit trainings are offered once a month on a variety of topics ranging from Volunteer Management to Budgeting 101 for Nonprofits and everything in between. Our trainings are open to the public and costs are minimal. These trainings coupled with our online volunteer recruitment assistance makes us a "must know" for any nonprofit in the area!
Our Coverage Area
- Bolivar County
- Coahoma County
- DeSoto County
- Marshall County
- Quitman County
- Panola County
- Sunflower County
- Tallahatchie County
- Tate County
- Tunica County